In-app message with option to start from apush notification
Who to Target
Engaged users and users who have previously shared within the app.
When to Target
Inside the app experience, prompt for a share after a high value action has occurred (for example, “you’ve just completed your first run! share with friends”).
Push notifications should be used only in the context of rewarding those who already share and to explain a clear reward for sharing (for example, “invite 3 friends today and get a $5 off coupon!” or, “invite friends and each of you gets $5 off your next purchase!”).
What to test and optimize
Language matters. Test different versions of the message to see which one promotes conversion from non-sharer to sharer, or sharer to super-sharer.
What to Measure
- Number of users who complete their first share
- Number of times each user is sharing content
- Subsequent number of viral downloads
How to run this campaign in Swrve
- Engaged users: On the User Lifecycle dashboard, in the top right corner of the Engaged user lifecycle card, click the menu and select Create In-App Campaign.
- To target users who have shared before, on the Set Target screen, create an audience filter and on the Events tab, set one of the social sharing events to at least once.
- On the Set Target screen, set the message to be triggered after a high value action, such as a purchase.
- Explain the benefit of sharing; for example, $20 off for the referrer and the referee.
- Make the share button more visible than the dismiss button.
- Button Copy
- Timing of Message