Type of Campaign
Conversations with option from push notification
Who to Target
- Engaged users
- Lapsed users
When to Target
- Engaged Users: Since engaged users already frequently enter the app, it’s best not to send them a push notification and instead engage them when they return to the app. At app open, begin a Conversation. The first screen should briefly explain the new feature and provide options for the user. Calls to action (CTA) could include:
- Not Interested – takes them into the regular app experience.
- Take Me There Now – deeplinks them immediately to the part of the app where the feature is.
- Tell Me More – takes them to an additional screen(s) explaining the feature in more detail.
- Lapsed Users: If users have lapsed and the new feature adds a significant benefit that may bring them back into the app, use a push notification to get them back to the app then use the flow mentioned above.
What to Test and Optimize
You can optimize the effectiveness of the wording of your message by A/B testing the text in the push notification, or running parallel campaigns altering the imagery, video or CTAs in the in-app conversation (Note: A/B testing is not available with Conversations at this time).
What to Measure
The KPIs for this type of campaign are:
- Engaged Users
- Number of times accessing new feature
- Amount of time using new feature
- Amount of time using app
- Lapsed Users
- Click-through rate on push notification
- Retention rate
- Engagement after being made aware of feature
- How many times/length of time spent using feature
How to run this campaign in Swrve
- Engaged Users: On the User Lifecycle dashboard, in the top right corner of the Engaged user lifecycle card, click the menu and select Create Conversation.
- Lapsed Users: On the Set Target screen, create an audience filter and on the Engagement tab, set the last active date to a date that accurately represents a lapsing user.
- Set the conversation to display at session start.
- Set the message rules to only display the message 1-3 times.
- Send push notifications to lapsing users at the individual’s optimal time using Predictive Push.
- Explain how to use and access the feature through an annotated screenshot.
- Show a short video that illustrates how to use the feature.
- Configure a call-to-action button to deeplink to the feature page.
- Button Creative
- Button Copy
- Timing of Messages