Push notification, optionally followed by an in-app message.
Who to Target
- Lapsed users
- Disappearing users
When to Target
Swrve’s Predictive Push feature can automatically choose the time of day each user is most likely to interact with a push notification for optimal results for the campaign.
Deeplink from the push notification to the in-app message, showing the offer inside the app.
What to Test and Optimize
A/B test the tone of the message, along with its content. For example, your first version could read, “Getting glam this Friday?! 50% off all hair products this weekend only!”, while a second version could read, “Sale now on – 50% off hair products while stocks last.”
More advanced testing could test what discounts or deals are the most enticing.
What to Measure
- Click-through rate
How to run this campaign in Swrve
- Lapsed users: On the User Lifecycle dashboard, in the top right corner of the Lapsing users lifecycle card, click the menu and select Create Push Campaign.
- Disappearing users: On the User Lifecycle dashboard, in the top right corner of the Disappearing users lifecycle card, click the menu and select Create Push Campaign.
You can further segment your audience to only include lapsed users who had previously made at least one purchase in your app, or lapsed users who have a lifetime spend above a certain amount.
- Push notifications should be short and snappy with a clear call to action. In the preview screen in your dashboard, make sure your text isn’t more than two lines long.
- Match the tone of the push to that used throughout your app—whether it be youthful, funny, serious or friendly.
- Using Swrve you can also send the user to a specific point in your app when they click through the push notification. Here it would be a good idea to link them directly to the page in your app where the promotion is available.