Date: June 20th, 2018
SAN FRANCISCO — June 21, 2018 — Swrve, the leader in cross-platform customer interaction for sales, marketing and operations, has added Roku to its list of supported over-the-top (OTT) Digital Media Streaming platforms. By doing so, Swrve now enables any brand looking to interact with customers on the Roku platform to do so as part of a multi-channel strategy focused on driving engagement and revenue.
Conventional pay TV continues to decline. Every month, half a million U.S. consumers abandon traditional paid TV bundles in favor of streaming media direct from content providers across a range of streaming media devices and smart TVs. According to comScore data, in the U.S. alone more than 51 million homes – 54 percent of U.S. Wi-Fi connected homes – access OTT video streaming services. Consumers spend an astonishing 2 hours consuming digital media.
It is within this environment that Roku operates the number one TV streaming platform in the United States, as measured by total hours streamed (2017 Kantar Millward Brown). The Roku OS enables content publishers to release a streaming channel or content worldwide on millions of devices including Roku players, Roku® Streaming Sticks™ and Roku TVs.
“Roku is the number one TV streaming platform in the United States and the priority platform for Swrve’s media customers,” said Lisa Cleary, chief product officer of Swrve. “Households watch nearly two hours a day of video content across a range of devices including mobile apps, web apps, and consoles, including streaming sticks, set-top boxes, and smart-TVs. Swrve is the only platform that lets media companies better know their customers and build direct, profitable relationships with them across all the devices they use.”
The typical consumer does not watch media streaming content on one device, but across many: smartphones, tablets, web, and range of dedicated streaming-enabled devices, including players, sticks, and TVs. Swrve delivers one integrated engagement solution for content providers who stream their content through apps across all these channels. Some of the world’s largest media companies have deployed Swrve into their suite of OTT video streaming platforms and achieved significant results, such as:
- 200 percent growth in monthly active users
- 20.5 percent increase in time spent viewing
- 9.5 percent more movies streamed
- 4.4 percent increase in day 7 and day 30 retention
Swrve integrates three core elements in one real-time platform that allows marketers to build great relationships with customers, interact ‘in the moment’ on any channel, and drive engagement, retention and revenue. These core elements are:
- Micro-segmentation: Swrve delivers every fragment of customer viewing — from years to minutes ago — as structured, available and actionable data supporting the micro-segmentation of users. By doing so, it answers the questions that marketers need to answer in order to target campaigns effectively. With Swrve’s ability to develop deeply granular customer segments, marketers can now reach consumers who watched every episode of Season 6 Game of Thrones last year and viewed the trailer for Season 7 twice in the past week.
- Cross-platform Customer Communications: Swrve enables marketers to convert customer intent with personalized communications. They can also reach customers across mobile apps, web apps, email, and video streaming apps, and streaming platforms — including Roku, Apple TV, Android TV, and Amazon Fire TV. Marketers can set up Swrve to automatically onboard every new user, nurture usage during free trials, suggest new things they should try, cross-sell and upsell existing customers, or re-engage subscribers who may be slipping away.
- A/B Test Different App Experiences: The Swrve platform enables product owners to test specific aspects — price plans, calls to action, new user experiences, different types of content, and more — of their video-streaming app by comparing how a section of an app’s user base responds to variants of in-app experiences.
Processing over 12 billion events daily, Swrve's next generation customer interaction platform helps enterprises maximize engagement and monetization by empowering marketers to deliver bespoke mobile experiences to every customer. Swrve provides a comprehensive set of tools that include audience targeting, real-time segmentation, conversations, push notifications, in-app messaging, A/B testing, predictive models, real-time data orchestration, and rich analytics across all marketing channels. Swrve partners with leading brands, agencies and technology partners—including The Guardian, Condé Nast, Warner Brothers, Salesforce, Oracle, and Marketo—and is installed in hundreds of apps across industries, such as retail, media, travel/hospitality, entertainment, sports, games, and banking.