Who to Target
New and Engaged users
When to Target
You can set the campaign to start now or sometime in the future. You can schedule the campaign to end on specific date or leave as ongoing. Swrve segments users in real-time, therefore ongoing campaigns only need to be set up once and then every time a person enters into the target segment, they are shown the campaign automatically.
What to Test and Optimize
You can optimize the effect the visual presentation of your message has on users by A/B testing the wording and imagery on the in-app message. You can also test the call-to-action wording on the buttons.
- Design – Test out different combinations of colors, pictures, designs and button placement in your message to see what prompts the highest click-through rate.
- Copy – Try different promotional phrases to see what is most effective; also test call-to-action wording on the buttons.
What to Measure
- Click-through rate
- Subsequent time in app
- Subsequent number of sessions
- Custom campaign goals. For example, purchasing the promoted item or engaging with the recommended feature.
How to run this campaign in Swrve
- New users: On the User Lifecycle dashboard, in the top right corner of the New user lifecycle card, click the menu and select Create In-App Campaign.
- Engaged users: On the User Lifecycle dashboard, in the top right corner of the Engaged user lifecycle card, click the menu and select Create In-App Campaign.
- On the Set Target screen, you can also target very specific audiences by adding some other filters Swrve offers (for example, Engagement, Purchases, Properties, Device, and so forth).
- On the Set Target screen, set the in-app message to display when a user triggers a specific event.
- For New users – Depending on the campaign, you may want to send a message a few seconds after a new user opens the app, or when they discover a key feature.
- For Engaged users – Depending on the campaign, you may want to trigger the message when a user completes a level, makes a purchase or engages with a new feature.
- New users – Try first time user promotions, tutorials and welcome messages.
- Engaged users – Tell users about new features, sales and real world events.
- Button Copy
- Timing of Messages