It’s been the best of times and the worst of times. Lucky for you, we’re focusing in on the best of times. It’s been a truly remarkable year for our company. We’ve achieved a measurable amount of focused growth, made a considerable impact on the success of our clients’ campaigns, and held a palpable presence at events worldwide. So, if you missed a few things along the way, you’re in luck. We’ve rounded up the best of our 2018 content for your holiday perusing pleasure.
Go on. Get yourself up-to-date with some of our marketing best practices, insights, and industry thoughts, and get ready to hit the ground running in 2019.
Product: A Bright New Beginning for the Swrve Platform
Swrve has grown in so many ways during 2018, particularly with our product. Let’s remind ourselves of a few of them:
- In July we released Swrve 3.0, an entirely new, from-the-ground-up platform, which introduced microtargeting capabilities across multi-channel campaigns, smarter AI capabilities, such as optimal time messaging, churn prediction, and more.
- We completely redesigned Swrve’s dashboard User Interface. It is now clearer, fresher, and more polished than ever before, enabling you to create campaigns, view progress, explore metrics, and manage your messaging in a way that helps you get your job done more efficiently and effectively.
- In November, we released our User Identity feature, allowing brands to track the behavior of individuals across multiple devices, and being able to distinguish between different users on the same device.
- Back in March, we introduced Trend Reports, a one-stop-shop for your daily reporting needs, which let you create and manage reports that contain only the information that matters to you.
- And we also solved the problem of unifying the ad-to-app journey, where users click a highly specific, and targeted, ad on Facebook, only to be served generic onboarding that has no relevance to the ad when they download the app. Swrve enables Ad-Triggered App Campaigns, which matches custom onboarding to the relevant app, and has been proven to boost conversion rates by 11x as a result.
Swrve Around the World: 2018 Event Highlights
We enjoyed a presence at some of the biggest events on the digital marketing calendar in 2018, and were delighted to meet some of you there! If you saw us, you heard us deliver insights on what it takes to grow a brand’s presence on mobile, OTT, and other emerging channels, and much, much more. Here are a few events we attended that stand out the most:
- Mobile World Congress 2018: MWC Barcelona is the largest mobile event in the world and brings together the latest motivations and leading-edge technology from more than 2400 companies.
- Mobile One, Paris 2018: Formerly known as AppDays, Mobile one is a European conference covering all things mobile from software to marketing. We’re honoured to be partners with this growing festival.
- Digital Travel Connect 2018: We were delighted to attend Digital travel Connect in San Diego in October 2018 to meet some of the world’s leading businesses in the travel industry and discuss winning strategies and solutions.
- Future of Video 2018: Future of Video: OTT, Pay TV, and Digital Media brings together industry leaders to share insights on new trends in the video and connected entertainment industries, with insights on consumer behaviors and preferences and the challenges for the video industry in meeting these expectations. It features in-depth consumer and industry research on OTT services, the value of content, and best strategies for building successful video services for today’s connected consumers.
Best of Content: Whitepapers You Still Need to Read
The amazing customer engagement experts at Swrve produced a wonderful catalogue of content this year. Here are our top picks for any marketer with ROI on the brain in 2019:
- The 2019 Mobile Marketing Buyer’s Guide: To buy or not to buy? That is the question when you realize the benefits of investing in the mobile space. Avoid an expensive headache by answering these important questions that will tell you whether to buy or build your mobile marketing platform.
- Time Is Money: Your Path to ROI in Today’s Multi-Channel World: ROI is the be-all, end-all for your marketing campaigns. So, why waste time on strategies that aren't going to increase it? Stay on course to higher ROI by building great customer relationships.
- LTV Blueprint: Make Every Moment Count For Your Bottom Line: It costs 5xas much to acquire a new customer than it does to retain an existing one. This fact alone should make retention and LTV a top-of-mind focus for every brand.
- Marketing’s Future With AI: Marketers everywhere have witnessed claims made around artificial intelligence—many falling short on their promise. But there's a reason why most industry experts remain optimistic.
Best of Content: 2018 On Demand Highlights
Not all of our content is for reading. Our on demand webinars require you to sit back, relax, and put your headphones in while you get some of our exclusive insight into the hot topics of 2018.
- Marketing’s Future with AI: Beyond the Hype, There’s Hope: Just a few weeks ago, we partnered with MMA to journey into the not-so-distant future and explore the opportunities that artificial intelligence and machine learning could bring marketing. Swrve CSO Barry Nolan gave a presentation detailing what’s to come that you really need to see.
- 6 Ways iOS 12 Can Help Marketers Win More Moments of Engagement: We highlighted how Apple’s latest operating system brings could help, not hinder, mobile marketing metrics. Listeners will walk away with actionable insights on how to prepare their campaigns for success with iOS 12.
- Gone in 17 Seconds: When your users only use your app for seconds at a time, it can be difficult to drive engagement. This webinar walks you through tried-and-tested interactions and campaigns, specific to the finance industry, that helped boost app engagement and customer satisfaction for Swrve customers.
- OTT Churn and Retention: Increasing Lifetime Subscriber Value: Co-hosted by Parks Associates and ComCast, our CSO Barry Nolan delved into how companies in the digital streaming industry could (and should) counter churn with strategies focused on retention and customer LTV.
Best of Content: 2018 Blog Highlights
- 4 Real-World Examples Of Great Onboarding: Stepping into a new place for the first time can be intimidating—how do you know what to expect or where to go? The same applies to apps: the onboarding process is the first experience users have when they arrive in your app, so it needs to work hard to ensure that they don’t want to head straight back out.
- What In App Messages Mean For Different Verticals: In the spirit of celebrating the power of the in-app message, here are five examples of how in-app messages can move the needle in five different verticals.
- The Future is Channel Agnostic: In the very near future, mobile marketing will be ‘channel agnostic’. That transition will mean more effective two-way communication than ever before between brand and consumer. It will dramatically advance both the reach and (more importantly) the relevance of that communication. But in return such a development asks B2C brands to completely rethink their communications strategies.
- Payload Targeting: The Next Frontier for Behavioral Segmentation: This article takes a look at how using a real-time targeting engine can help marketers build sophisticated audiences. You’ll learn how these capabilities deliver the type of interactions that bring your brand closer to customers with messaging proven to help lift your bottom line.
- How To Know What a Consumer Will Find Personally Relevant: There’s a problem and it cannot be ignored: a huge gap between brand and consumer expectations regarding relevance. Customers simply don’t find brand messaging relevant. Here’s how to address it.
So that’s it from Swrve for 2018. You’ve read our whitepapers, joined us for our webinars, met us at events…and now we’re ready to do it all over again for 2019. Be the first to know what’s next by subscribing to our newsletter now. You’ll stay ready for all the most important industry moments and developments, and get coverage on what matters most to that bottom line.
From everyone here at Swrve, we would like to wish you all the best for this year’s holiday season. We are looking forward to coming back better than ever, and publishing more can’t-miss content for you in the new year.