The April 2014 New Players Report
In our latest report, we present retention and spending patterns derived from data on the first 90 days of life of freemium game players. The data sample, aggregated from millions of user data points across dozens of titles, is for the month of November 2013 and has two restrictions: first, the games in question are freemium games, and second, we only covered revenue from in-app purchases.
Some items of note:
- 19.3% of new players play a particular game only once
- Retention of new players the day after installation is 33.9%, while day 30 retention drops to 5.5%
- 2.2% of all new players made at least one new purchase in their first 90 days
Download the report for all the details.
We've also created an infographic to illustrate some additional points from the report.
Click on the image below to download the larger version.
MOST POPULAR POSTS
- Web vs Mobile Development Industry Thoughts
- Sounds Amazing! (The Science Of Push Notification Noises) Product
- In-App Messages: Why Sending Them Is Only Half The Story Industry Thoughts
- The Top 10 Mobile Marketing Automation Best Practices: Part 1 Uncategorized
- Personalizing The Mobile Experience - Theory And Practice Industry Thoughts