The service limits outlined here refer to the overall limits of your use of the Swrve system; in some cases, you may have additional limitations on your use of the product depending on the specific commercial terms we have agreed with you, but these guidelines represent the absolute limits that we have in place which apply to all customers of the Swrve service. These limits are there to allow us to offer a stable and scalable solution for all the customers using the Swrve service. You will be prevented from going beyond this level of use, either automatically or through direct intervention by Swrve.
Such intervention will be made with reasonable efforts to communicate directly with your designated administrator and/or users, and to mitigate impact on your use of the service before action is taken. If your app’s use threatens the stability or general availability of the service for your company and/or other companies that use the service, Swrve may take action without your prior knowledge or consent to reduce, alter, or halt your service responsibly, to bring usage within these service limits.
If your app(s) continue to use the service outside the limits we cannot guarantee the performance of the service and we will not be in a position to meet the terms of any Service Level Agreement we have in place. The Swrve Dashboard UI may show out-of-date data, become slower, and/or may not work properly. Although event data will normally not be lost, processing of those events may be delayed, or temporarily incorrect. User interface performance may lag and/or time-out such that web pages become unresponsive. Data export may take longer, and may fail to produce results in the time frame for which they were designed.
In all cases, the service limits detailed below apply per each individual app on the service. If you have any questions, comments or concerns about limits expressed in this document please contact Swrve support using the feedback button or at email@example.com. If you have any queries about upgrading your service, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Swrve API Policies
These policies govern your use of the Swrve product through interactions with our API endpoints or in your use of the Swrve SDK embedded in your app(s).
API Rates for data sent to Swrve:
For Sandbox apps (used for pre-production testing of apps) the maximum number of daily active users = 1000. For Production apps (apps which are live and being used by end users):
- Average number of events sent per minute per user over any daily period = 10. Events may “burst” for individual users, but the sustained average should not exceed this limit.
- Overall API traffic from your app(s) to Swrve should not increase by more than 50 percent over any five-minute interval, if those app(s) are sending more than 100 events per second to Swrve or have more than 10,000 daily active users. Swrve automatically handles increase in load, but if you expect that traffic will spike higher than these levels you should contact Swrve Support in advance where we can pre-provision capacity to avoid any interruptions in your service.
- Maximum number of A/B Test or Resource API requests made per user per minute = 2.
- Maximum number of campaign requests made per user per minute = 2.
Your app will send events to Swrve to record activity and behaviors. Each event has a specific name which will be unique to your app. There is a limit to the number of unique names that you can use for events, and we strongly recommend that you plan your event naming strategy and never use events with programmatically generated elements, such as timestamps or increasing number values. Swrve deploys algorithms to detect these badly named events and will automatically block them.
- Maximum number of unique named user events per app = 1000 (note that this does not include the number of unique events that Swrve sends automatically on your behalf to track sessions and campaigns).
- Maximum number of payloads per event = 10.
- Event name length = 191. Names exceeding this limit will be truncated.
- Event payload key or value string length = 255. Strings exceeding this limit will be truncated.
- Event payload cardinality (number of unique payload key-value pairs) = 500. If more than 500 distinct key-value pairs are supplied for a single event, we will start to group payload values into buckets. For more information on how this grouping works please consult the Swrve Event API documentation.
User Property Limits:
Each user record for your app may have a collection of user properties that you name. Limits apply to the number of user properties that each record can support, and also the size of the name of the property and the size of the value of the property.
- Maximum number of user properties (per user) = 500 (note that this does not include the number of device properties that Swrve tracks automatically on your behalf).
- User attributes key or value string length = 191. Strings exceeding this limit will be truncated.
Transactional Push Limits:
Swrve provides a Transaction Push API that enables authenticated external systems to send push messages to individual users. This API is designed for low-volume oriented operation.
- Transactional Push rate limit = 300 push requests per second, per app.
Swrve Product & Feature Policies
These policies govern your use of the Swrve product, typically through the Swrve dashboard and associated interfaces.
Core Segments are those that are set up automatically by the Swrve system (for example user lifecycle segments which are used to populate your app’s user lifecycle dashboard). Your active segment limit does not include these core segments. This limit also does not count the ad-hoc audiences that are created during campaign setup for use in just that one campaign, nor does it include the segments created to track different treatment groups in A/B tests.
The maximum number of active segments = 100.
A/B Testing Limits:
Each A/B test will have a number of treatments (1 for the control and an additional 1 for each variant you are testing). A test with a control and 4 variants has a total of 5 treatments. You can have a total of 20 such tests active at any time. A test is active if it is in a staging or live state. Campaigns which are stopped and/or archived do not count towards your limits.
The maximum number of active treatments = 100.
- Maximum number of funnels = 25.
- Maximum number of events in a Funnel = 50.
You may register a number of resources or configuration items that are specific to your app, which you can then use as a basis for A/B testing. Limits apply to the total number of resources that you can register for an app.
- Maximum number of resources per app = 1000.
- Maximum number of attributes for any resource = 100.
- Maximum resource UID, name and class length = 191.
- Maximum resource attribute key length = 40.
- Maximum resource attribute value length = 255.
In-App Currency Limits:
- Maximum number of in-app currencies = 10.
Campaigns include Swrve’s push notifications, push API campaigns, in-app messages, location-based campaigns and conversations.
- Maximum of 10 TB of campaign data served per month from Swrve’s CDN.
- 500 active campaigns (across all campaign types).
Export API Limits:
Swrve supports a number of data export APIs, which give you the capability to extract data relevant to your app at any time. There are limits related to the use of this API as part of your interaction with the Swrve service.
- Maximum number of API requests per hour = 100.
- Maximum number of concurrent API requests = 1.
Please note that the Export API is subject also to data limits in the size of the queries that the API can support. This varies according to the query, and you should consult the API documentation for more details on this specific behavior.
Swrve Data Retention Policies
These policies detail how we store data and for how long that data is maintained within the Swrve system. Note that these retention policies apply to apps that are being actively processed by Swrve during the term of your contract. Our retention policies that apply on termination of contract are detailed in your agreement with Swrve.
Event Log Data:
Swrve records all events received from your app(s) in our event warehouse. We retain all event log data for a period of 1 year. After this point, event log data will expire.
KPI and Report Metrics Data:
All KPI data and metrics for reports are retained for a period of 1 year.
User Profile Data:
User profile data (the live record of a user and their associated properties and state used for targeting and segmentation) is maintained for a period of 1 year after the last activity of the user. An activity is any event received for that user. If a user is entirely inactive for more than 1 year that user is removed from our active targeting system. If the user subsequently sends an event, the user is deemed to be new and is allocated a new ID by the Swrve system.
User DB Export Data:
Swrve builds a full database of all users being tracked on a daily basis. These exports are made available, in a number of formats, through our UserDB, export API and via download links in the dashboard. These databases are refreshed daily, with no access to historical snapshots.
Last updated May 2020.